We all invest our lives, energies, time and talents into this journey we call life; though sometimes it seems that the time spent and the energy expended is far more than the returns we see.
This leads any thinking person to ask the following three questions:
1. AM I IN MY GRACE ZONE?
Am I fulfilling God’s call on my life?
Do I feel that there is an eternal purpose to what I do?
Do I get joy out of what I do and feel fulfilled?
2. AM I INVESTING INTO THE RIGHT FIELDS?
Have I chosen the best people, places and projects into which to expend my resources?
Am I wasting time and energy on unfruitful relationships and barren fields?
Do the people, places and projects I invest my time and talents into show an increasing return?
3. AM I USING THE BEST STRATEGIES POSSIBLE?
Are there better ways to do what I do?
Am I keeping up with technology and using the most strategic methods possible?
Do I need to restructure some of my team and time to allow me to step up to a new level?
These three questions help me to continually assess the viability and validity of what I do in life.
Here’s how I try to honestly respond to these three questions:
1. I constantly prune my commitments and cull my associations to be more fruitful in what I do.
2. I assess everything in my life according to the honour code: only go and invest where you are honoured for who you are and what you bring.
3. I also believe in the power of friendship. If there is no friendship, there is no real life and purpose.
Life is about making friends with the people who share your journey. If there is no genuine friendship, change what you do and with whom you do it.
Life is the greatest gift we have been given. It is up to us to live a more abundant life, to fulfil all that God has created us for.
Ask yourself the question: am I making a difference?
This post is part of the #kickstartyourweekwithsteve series.
You can join the conversation by sharing with your friends and networks via the links below. And remember to follow @stevepenny on Instagram for more ministry updates, inspiring thoughts, and weekly #kickstartyourweekwithsteve articles.