2018 – SUNDAY 26 AUGUST
GOD HATES SIN
There is a “modern trend” in Christianity to show love and acceptance toward all people.
This is not new and has always been the true position for any genuine Christian.
The saying used to be – “love the sinner but hate the sin.”
However now these so-called “enlightened ones” are saying that to truly love the sinner you must be kind and accepting of their sin.
These “enlightened ones” – are simply reflecting the popular light of a contemporary society – instead of the eternal light of God’s word.
1. THEY REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT WE ARE ALL BORN IN SIN
“Behold, I was shapen in iniquity;
and in sin did my mother conceive me.”
2. THEY SUGGEST THAT INHERITED DNA DETERMINES OUR BEHAVIOUR
Pop Psychology has a term called “determinism.” This simply declares – It is not my fault – I was born this way.
3. THEY SAY THAT WE MUST SHOW KINDNESS ABOVE ALL ELSE
Love, acceptance and forgiveness are the critical elements of Christianity.
However they are not directed at sin – but shown to the sinner.
4. THEY WANT TO AVOID CONFRONTATION WITH MILITANT SINNERS
Militant causes – have come and gone throughout history – demanding their culture be accepted by all.
He who sits in the heavens laughs at their folly.
5. THEY WANT TO HELP PEOPLE BELIEVE IN A LOVING GOD – WITHOUT REVEALING A GOD OF JUSTICE AND TRUTH
God hates sin. Because sin destroys His creation. Sin ushers people into hell and judgement for eternity.
6. GOD LOVES YOU TOO MUCH TO LEAVE YOU IN SIN
For God so loved the world
He gave His only Son
So that whoever believes in Him
Shall not perish
But shall have eternal life.