2018 – TUESDAY 16 OCTOBER
THE BOUNCE BACK FACTOR
Proverbs 24:16 (Message)
God-loyal people don’t stay down long;
Soon they’re up on their feet, while the wicked end up flat on their faces.
The Bible teaches that we are a three part person. Body – soul – spirit
In order to bounce back in life – you must understand which part of your triune being – gives you resilience.
1. YOUR SPIRIT – BELIEVE
Your spirit is the foundation upon which all other parts are based.
Your spirit houses your core convictions and beliefs.
Keep your foundations strong and the rest of you can do anything.
2. YOUR BODY – BECOME
Your body is the physical vehicle in which you travel through life.
Careful maintenance of your vehicle will allow you to get many more miles out of it.
Your physical world becomes what you behave – based on what you believe.
3. YOUR SOUL – BEHAVE
Now we come to the resilience issue.
Your soul is made up of four parts.
Intellect – reason – imagination – emotion.
These four should be under the control of your will.
Your will determines your resilience.
Your soul, therefore, is your resilience factor – and gives you the ability to bounce back from any and all disappointments.
Your ability – to think – speak – feel & behave a certain way – is in your control.
KEEPING YOUR SOUL STRONG
1. I WILL renew my mind with the promises of God
2. I WILL take responsibility to deal with negative attitudes and emotions.
3. I WILL choose to speak well and declare the promises of God.
4. I WILL confess I am well able to bounce back – and get back on my feet.
5. I WILL be thankful in all things and consistently give God praise.